Monday, February 6, 2017

Conference in Tashkent

I was invited to Tashkent for two reasons. First, I participated in the mid-year conference for English Language Fellows spending a year in four Central Asian nations, speaking first about post-EFL career possibilities, and then responding to their questions about teaching challenges they've been facing.
 How inspiring to spend time with these great teachers!
https://exchanges.state.gov/us/program/english-language-fellow-program
 And my voice held out for those six hours! Thankful!

Secondly, I participated in a conference called "English is Key to Dialogue," planned by a variety of Uzbek organizations interested in TESOL and held at the Uzbekistan State World Languages University. I gave a plenary talk:
and another presentation (which had some audience interaction):



I enjoyed attending local teachers' presentations and seeing the university campus. For more about my take on the conference, take a look at my professional facebook page, @tesoltrainer, Dr. Kitty Purgason.





No comments:

Post a Comment