Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Conference

I've barely settled in, but it's time to take off for a conference in a nearby country. I'll be meeting with English Language Fellows from around the region for a day, and with local teachers for another two days. For the past half a week I've been working on my presentations and getting over my laryngitis. Thankfully, both my talks and my voice seem to be in adequate shape.

Travel will be a bit interesting. No direct flights. (Political tensions.) Infrequent flights to nearby cities. (Economic realities for the airline trying to fill seats.) Road closed because of snow. (That makes sense to me, as we Californians are familiar with snow closing the Tejon Pass or with avalanches closing the Pacific Coast Highway.) But my facilitators have worked out a combination of flying and driving that should get me there in time.  --Kitty


No comments:

Post a Comment