Sunday, May 21, 2017

My latest teaching

I haven't always been thinking of photos in the last few weeks of work. But one of the students who faithfully attends my Saturday workshops for teachers at the American Corner, Anvar, has been taking pictures and sending them to me. So, here are a few for you to enjoy:

From my session on Critical Thinking
From my session on How to Improve your English
From my session on How to Improve your English. You might be able to make out in the slide behind me the illustration of an ant pushing a rock up a hill. Yes, learning a language is hard work!
From my session on How to Improve your English. I think I must be telling them a crazy story about my attempts to revive the Russian I studied in college.
One picture I took was from a class taught by a colleague at MGU. She was starting a unit on sustainable tourism with her International Relations majors and asked me to give them my perspective as someone who had recently done a three-day trip to Panjakent and Seven Lakes as a tourist.
These young people are eager to promote the Tajik brand. I'm happy to join them.

(Besides being positive about their friendly and beautiful country, I did tell them that if any of them are interested in infrastructure improvements such as clean drinking water, more paved roads with avalanche protection, and better internet, or in political issues such as more open borders with Uzbekistan--that would also help tourism.)

No comments:

Post a Comment