Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Baking pies

When a usually very busy new friend told me she wanted to learn how to bake American-style pie, I leapt at the chance to spend an afternoon with her.

I couldn't find disposable pie tins (so she could take the pies home to her family) but at least the store had cake pans, which I was able to cut down. Parchment paper to ease the rolling was another find I was grateful for.
We made an apple pie (the original inspiration from a meal we'd shared back in April), a mixed berry pie, and a fresh strawberry pie.
Special thanks to Lee for doing all the tedious and careful cleaning and sanitizing of the fruit
M and her daughter V (she takes after her dad's grandparents).


Thankfully, there was one more pie which stayed with us so Lee and I could have a piece after dinner tonight.

The afternoon made me think about what kind of fruit is evident in our lives, and about fruit that lasts...

No comments:

Post a Comment